21 Nov Remember There is No Life Without Breath
I think you would agree that oxygen is number one on the list of essentials for our survival followed closely by water.
How many plants do you keep in your home? We have a really strong connection to plants and trees and they to us. We exchange the gift of life, They give us the gift of oxygen and we return the gift to them with carbon dioxide. It is important to remember that the more forests cut down without replacing the trees, the shorter our human existence on this planet will be for future generations!
Second on the list would be water – just 3 days without water puts you in a life threatening situation, so drink plenty, drink a couple of glasses upon waking, keep water near to your computer, make sure you carry water with you when out and about. Have a glass of water before you eat, if you need to add flavour keep it natural, add some cucumber and mint, a piece of lemon or even watermelon. Experiment, have fun and find a taste you like.
What can you do to make living in the moment your way of life?
When you live consciously in the present moment, you become free from the stresses of life.
It enables you to feel calm and to think with an astounding clarity.
Try these steps in order to gain present-moment thinking:
- Meditate. The very point of meditation is to be in the present moment. It’s a practice that you’ll get better at the more you do it. To help quiet your mind, the best thing you can do is to focus on your breathing and keep striving to allow your thoughts to slow down, not paying them any attention, turning the volume down, just fading them into the back ground.
- Accept the past. You’ll feel better about yourself once you learn to accept past situations. There’s nothing you can do to change the past. Bringing the past into your present only clouds your present thinking and makes it harder for you to concentrate on the present moment. Thoughts of the past will still arise, but when you learn to accept it for what it is, you’ll be able to return to the present moment without regret or grief.
- Accept the future. On the other side of the coin, you also need to accept the future. You ultimately have no idea about what’s going to happen.Worrying about it won’t help and will use up a lot of mental energy, leaving you feeling tired, drained and stressed. How much time do you waste in a day by sitting around thinking about what you’re going to do? When you stop thinking, you have more time to actually do it!
- Be mindful. When you’re mindful, you pay close attention to what you’re doing in the present. You may think it’s just a mundane chore, but it’s important to do it with an open mind. Open up your senses to what you’re doing. You might be overwhelmed with positive feelings that you didn’t know existed.
- Get in touch with nature. Take some time to get in touch with nature. You can go for a walk or just sit under a tree.There aren’t many things that can open you up to the present moment like opening up to the vastness of nature.
Remember To Relax……
It may help to think of yourself and your brain as separate entities. Your brain can be thinking thoughts all over the place while your “self” watches.
When you maintain the wisdom to realize that your thoughts are out of control, the self can bring you back into the present.
Regular Meditation will help you achieve being in the present.
If meditation isn’t for you. While you’re relaxing, pay attention to your breath, try breathing in for 4 seconds and out for 8 seconds.
Remind yourself that, to be in this moment.
When you become successful at being present in a relaxing part of your day, you can start to spread your awareness to other times during the day.
Living in the Moment – Succeeding One Moment at a Time
The more time you can spend in the present, the better.
Live in the here and now, and enjoy a more fulfilling life!